Drupal Actions and Triggers
I get some comments on this site yet I was missing some since I don't check my comments "approval queue" regularly. I want to get an email when someone posts a comment. This is easy to using Drupal actions and triggers. This is built-in functionality for Drupal 6.
- Enable trigger module in "Core - optional" fieldset on /admin/build/modules
- Create new email action:
- Go to /admin/settings/actions/manage
- Select "Send e-mail" in "Make a new advanced action available" select list and click create button
- Fill in description, recipient, subject and message fields and click save button
- Associate trigger with new action:
- Go to trigger page: /admin/build/trigger (note that it will default to node triggers)
- Click on comments tab since we want to know when comments are created (/admin/build/trigger/comment)
- For the "After saving a new comment" trigger, select our new email action from the select list and click "assign" button
- Test it! In this case, create a comment for any node and see if you get the email. If not, check your email address in the new action you created. If that is correct, make sure that you receive emails for other things on the site like creating a new account (otherwise, your system may not be sending emails at all).
That's it. Getting Drupal actions and triggers configured with Drupal 6 is easy and very useful.
This is a featured content block that has been configured to show blog nodes with terms SEO or Drupal SEO by the author kristen. It shows random list of 20 results in the block and 30 results on the more page.